April 14, 2013

My only love story

These days, I'm always on my own.
Except for a few close friends, I'm mostly alone.
Even in the office, I restrict myself to just doing my work.
I'm not bothered to be too friendly with anybody. I'm not even interested in cultivating "connection" with the bosses as I have no ambition to "move up" in the organization. As long as they pay my salary and not bother me too much, I'm fine.

Most people think I'm morbid, which is not exactly untrue.
That's the way I'm these days.
But I'm not like this back then.
I was once young, happy, vibrant, friendly....and in love.
Yes, I was once in love with someone.
I was so in love with that someone, that I forsake everything for him.
He was my north, my south, my east, my west.
Such was my foolishness at that time.
At the end of the day, it all came to naught.
It turned out that he didn't even appreciate all that I had done for him.
He forgot all his promises.
He treated me so badly, until one day I asked him why he's doing such things to me? Have I done something wrong?
His answer was that he needed to move on, "move up in the world", he said. And I had become just a baggage to him.
And so, that conclude the only love story of my life.


It is human nature to be selfish and forget even the most solemn pledges and promises.
Do we still remember the promises that we first pledged when we first fell in love?
Do we still remember that once we promised that we would accept each other for the way we were?
Or was that all just a ruse so that we can get what we want from the other person just for that moment?
Now that we got what we want, we would like to have more....even with the other person having less than us.
And when the other person couldn't give anything anymore as we want them, we called them names, abused them with the most vile treatments, and when they still professed that they still love us, we just tell them how ugly they are in our eyes and discard them.
Now, what does that tell us as human beings?
Politically?
Well, remember our social contract? The promises our forefathers made to each other half a century ago? It's the same. Once we got what we want, why be bothered with promises.
Such is human nature.



Page Resource : Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

royrronie.blogspot.com